Monday, May 25, 2009

Daily Report: Jungle Conditioner

I had an okay morning of work.

For lunch, The Harem (Epril, Ednil, Susan, and Fatima) and I walked to the market where I bought a rather large fish (6 pounds) for lunch. I'm not much at cooking fish, but I gave it a shot: Filleted, pan-sauteéd with some garlic, onions and spices. Not great, but edible. The girls didn't care for it much either, leaving me with quite a bit leftover.

In the afternoon, I went back to work while The Harem gathered up all of their shampoo, soap, and conditioner, and rode up to Faustina Pool Resort to swim and bathe and do their hair. When I got back upstairs to work, the internet went down again, so I took Tyson along with me and we joined the girls... and we all had a nice dip and bath in the cold and pure springwater of Faustina.

When I got back home, the internet was back on and I did a little more work. Tonight, the Jungle Jumpers went 5-0. The team was over to the house after the game for popcorn.

At 10:00 I watched a show on the History Channel about ancient Chinese warships. It was good, except the part where they gave this twit from Oregon a good 10 minutes of air time. He was using divining rods to locate a "600-year-old Chinese Treasure Ship". He then drilled down through a 5-century old sand dune, found a piece of wood in his drill samples towards the bottom, and claimed that that proved that Chinese ships landed on the American west coast before Columbus came to America. Get real.

Anyway, I went to bed with my stomach complaining about the fish I had earlier in the day. This sucks: I wonder if I'm going to start spitting whole eggs out of my mouth any minute now.

2 comments:

TheMindFantastic said...

"Can I get you something?"

"'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!"

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"Cutty say 'e can't HANG!"

"Oh stewardess! I speak jive."

"Oh, good."

"He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him."

"All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?"

"Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side."

"What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!"

"Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!"

"Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!"

"Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!"

Jil Wrinkle said...

I was totally trying to find that transcribed on line when I wrote the "eggs" part. I was even going to put up the YouTube clip... but figured that was going a little too far with it.