Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Interesting How We All Do That From Time To Time

I was reading an old high school friend's blog today. We've kept in touch... although I suspect that this is only until he gets back the Men In Hats album I stole from him. I value my friends, which is why I will keep his album until I die. (He's been supplying me with dog training tips for Tyson, which have been fantastic.)

He talks about nostalgia. I've been a bit nostalgic lately myself... looking around my grandparents old house yesterday.

The day before that, I did a Google Search for an old high school friend. (I do that sometimes... think of somebody from my past, and then Google their name to see what comes up. Don't we all do that though?) I only got one hit on this old and close friend: A police report that he was arrested for DWI... passed out in his car in a ditch. I'm sad to say I gave him his first beer ever. Sorry about that.

One thing my friend's blog brought up was the subject of "going back and doing it all over again knowing what you know now" if you could. I've always been a part of the majority "hell-yeah" group of respondants when asked if I would go back and live my life over again getting to keep my complete memory and knowledge... with all of the missteps and missed opportunities.

One thing has changed recently though... I still daydream about going back and becoming a billionaire by the age of 20 with memorized lottery numbers and stock tips, but now I always think, "and then on September 1, 2007, I'd make sure I introduce myself to Epril."

Aww... you weren't expecting that sappy ending were you? Heh.


1 comment:

Issarat said...

That last paragraph may have been one of the sweetest things I have read in a long time.