Friday, March 6, 2009

Daily Report: Water Woes

Nothing particularly exciting happened today... just work.

It seems like pretty much every water-related thing in this house is screwed up. We have water, yes, but getting it to pour out of and drain out of the right places at the right time at the right rate is another story entirely.

I had Kirko watch and monitor the filling of the 300-liter cistern on the roof last night, and the pump filled it up without a problem in just under an hour. This morning, I had him check it again and it was only half full. While the cistern was full, I turned on the water to the big jacuzzi tub directly underneath it, and the water only trickled out. The list goes on and on. Looks like I'll be having a discussion with my landlord about the plumbing.

We had bar-be-que chicken for lunch and "Polynesian Chicken" (a nice sauce, like a mild adobo) for dinner.

I got to bed late tonight. It was 10:00 and I was getting ready to turn off the TV when I noticed that Discovery Travel & Living had an episode of "Globe Trekker" coming on... one of my favorites. I said to myself, "The only way I'll stay up to watch it is if Ian (one of the five hosts) is on, and he's traveling to somewhere in Southeast Asia." Oddly enough, it actually was Ian and he was traveling to Cambodia. So I stayed up until 11:00 tonight drinking Cagayan Cocktails.

No comments: