Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jungle Jil Music Video: Rusted Root

Forgive me for being slow once again: Here is a band from the 90's that completely went under my radar, Rusted Root (band site, wikipedia). (However, you all have heard their song, Send Me On My Way, the "wandering song" from Ice Age.) Their music is really a lot of fun, and they have a great sound: Kind of a Talking Heads / African Pop / Grateful Dead / Brazilian drum / psychedelic / folk jam combination. I listened through their library on Grooveshank.com, and they had lots of songs I liked, which is rare.

Interestingly, it seems that the band never made a video... or at least none have ever been posted to YouTube. (Lots of live stuff though with bad sound, if you are interested.) Therefore, today we have audio only.





(hat tip Baloon Juice)

No comments: