Monday, November 24, 2008

Daily Report: Midday Mall Crawl

I had the average morning of work. Susan was back today... as she has been for about 4 out of the 7 days I asked her to move back to Jasaan to give Epril and I some space. I'm not going to be a dick about it. She does go back home (eventually), and does chores while she is here. I think Epril wants some company too.

For lunch, Epril and I went out and paid bills. We added Discovery Science and Discovery Home & Life to our cable package for $1 per month... bringing the cable bill (with 3 boxes) to $11 per month for about 70 channels. (It's not digital though, and there is no interactive menu or even a preview channel to let you know what's on.) Also paid the cable DSL internet bill: $90 per month. I pay for the extra fast connection because, as with all things in Asia, paying the extra money always means less problems, less complaints. If you've ever heard people complain about the cable internet in Cagayan De Oro: I don't have their problems.

The electricity bill broke 5,000 pisos ($100) for the first time. It's usually between 4,500 and 4,900. That's mostly because Susan and Ednil started using the air conditioning. Obviously that should go back down a bit.

After paying the bills, it was off for a wander around Gaisano Mall, and lunch at Jollibee. Jollibee isn't all that bad. They have a "burger steak plate" which is two bun-less burger patties and a scoop of rice covered with a brown mushroom gravy. They also have a very good chili dog. Then, after lunch, we got some shopping/exercise in.

In the afternoon, it was back to work. Then, in the evening, I enjoyed my new Discovery channels, and played video games for a while.

No comments: