Saturday, July 12, 2008

Daily Report: Dinner and Dancing

Mike and Emelyn Bird came into town from the jungle tonight for a bit of oppidan divertissement. First, we had some cocktails at the house. (Epril had told me that Mike doesn't drink, so I had stocked the fridge with lots of non-alcoholic beverages, only to have Mike order up a vodka upon arrival... so it was Screwdrivers all around.)

Second, we were out to Sentro (one of Cagayan's second-best restaurants), where I had a crab and wasabi salad ($2.50) and a chicken caesar sandwich ($2.50), while everybody else had the iwas kiwali -- a local dish of deep-fried fat-laden pork.

Finally, it was off to the local night club, Pulse, for a few beers. I think it was Emelyn's first time inside of a disco.

After that it was home. Mike and Emeyln are sleeping in the spare bedroom.

2 comments:

Issarat said...

Jil.
Can you PM me (on my email) I would like to know more about PULSE.
thanks dude.

Issarat said...

thanks for the info...got it.