Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Daily Report: Still Here

Sorry about not writing much lately. My priorities got out of whack, and I was focusing on work instead of where my attenion should be: Here at Jungle Jil.

I've taken a new approach to work... working in a way I told myself I would try to avoid: I used to say, "This is my work day, let's hope I reach my goals today." (This way, I always had my away-from-work time to keep my life in balance.) Now, I'm saying, "These are my goals, I'm not quitting until they are met."

Susan is still cooking fantastic food. She's got a notebook, where she transcribes all of her recipes into her own format that she is comfortable with. (She'll make a good wife for somebody. Drop a comment if that may be you.)

I haven't been doing too much lately. Last Friday night, Epril and I and Don from St. Louis rode out to Jasaan to watch a beauty pageant there, but it got rained out. On Saturday night, Epril and I joined Mike and Marissa Turner at Zax for drinks and to listen to some music, but it was so loud that we left sooner than we would have liked. (We wound up going to a disco called Mojo... which, believe it or not, was actually quieter than Zax.)


Considering how lush and tropical The
Philippines are, they certainly do have
small fruit. The strawberries are the
size of marbles, the limes are the size
of grapes, and these bananas are just
comical.
Stayed home all day Sunday, stayed home all day Monday. I bought two DVDs for the girls: Ace Ventura parts 1 and 2. I discovered just how weak Epril's stomach actually is: During Ace Ventura part 2, there is an amusing scene where people are spitting in each other's faces; when Epril saw this, she had to run retching to the bathroom.

Anyway, I also bought four Shakespeare plays on DVD for us to watch at some point as well. The girls have a bit of an interest in seeing them. I also bought A Streetcar Named Desire to watch as well.

3 comments:

Mike Turner said...

you got loose that girlthat dancing is not good

Jil Wrinkle said...

By your logic, it's a good thing Epril has never seen me dance.

What is up with your comments tonight, Star? Are you drunk or something? You don't sound like yourself.

Mike Turner said...

i not sleep for two days and smoke some skunk