Sunday, April 27, 2008

Daily Report: Workin and Livin


Macahambus cave is about 200
feet from end to end, and this
is the only part (about 2 feet)
where there is a low ceiling.

The back end of the cave opens
up onto a platform overlooking
the Cagayan River 200 feet below.
I took a break from heavy-duty blogging this week, but there wasn't really much going on in my life to write about anyway. I didn't go out for the entire week until Friday for Spooks, and didn't even watch anything particularly interesting on TV... or at least nothing that springs to memory.

Susan did cook some good meals though, and we are all definitely eating well.

The rain has started falling almost daily, and there have even been a couple of pretty good storms. The river overflowed it's banks a little bit down in the valley, and moved into the lowest areas... places where the river obviously flows quite occasionally if not regularly, and no houses were in danger or anything like that.

This weekend, the family was down from Jasaan and we went to the Macahambus Cave (which was small but free) but took a pass on the "jungle canopy bridge" and zip line (which was 300 pisos per person for a 20-minute excursion.

Sunday night, Epril and I had Tom Fagan from St. Louis and his girlfriend, Marlyn, join the family for dinner, and I made my world-famous fettucini carbonara. There was also a lame attempt at making some garlic bread. After that, we watched Spielberg's "A.I." on DVD.

1 comment:

mike said...

Sad news Jil. Phoi's father passed away last night and she has gone up to Petchabun to be with her family. I will email more on it as I find out. Had to post here because email server down.