Sunday, April 13, 2008

Daily Report: Rainy Sunday

I slept in again today. The morning after another night at Spooks, and I woke up with yet another throbbing headache. Last time I blamed it on the San Miguel Lite... but this time that wouldn't be a factor. It could very well be the flashing lights. That's a bit strange considering how much of my life has been spent in the night clubs of Bangkok, New York City, Houston, Montreal, Seattle, and Saõ Paulo.


Rainy Sunday in Cagayan; the walk
outside and the fog over the valley.
So today was essentially a day off. It started raining in the morning, and didn't stop until late afternoon. I sat around and watched the third round of the Masters Tournament on television... not live obviously. Parasat Cable Internet may be good, but their television signal isn't. When you stretch Augusta National across 60 inches of high-definition television screen, you can really see every flaw in the signal. I can't wait until I can get my digital cable box to see if that helps.

In the evening, Epril and I went to SM mall and bought dinner. The calzones from Yellow Cab pizza are an excellent deal: 165 pesos ($4) and they are really large and filled with stuff. I also bought some DVDs at the video store.

So, we sat down and had dinner, and Epril got to watch her first classic movie: Roman Holiday. She liked it, but not a whole bunch. It turns out that she didn't care for watching a black and white movie. I suppose for somebody who has never seen a black and white movie before, that's a reasonable criticism. After that, we watched the horror movie, "28 days", which of course Epril and Susan (and Ednil) were thrilled with... although they covered their eyes for a good portion of it.

Ednil, Epril's sister who just graduated from high school, has come to stay with us. She wants to be a chef, and I'm going to send her to culinary school. She'll be staying with Susan in the third bedroom while she goes to school, and will be my own personal chef when she isn't studying.

3 comments:

Issarat said...

FYI:
coxman

Noun -

1. one who informally leads a small but well-trained crew of amateurs into a competition.

Unknown said...

That's a bit strange considering how much of my life has been spent in the night clubs of Bangkok, New York City, Houston, Montreal, Seattle, and Saõ Paulo




you are one cool geezer. and i thought only sad ugly social rejects lived in the phillipines and pattaya

cue issarat ( is he jewish. that would expalin some )

Jil Wrinkle said...

Issarat, you forgot definition #2:

2. a homosexual, usually the top.

Heheh... If I didn't know you better...

Owen: Yup. That's my life so far. Sao Paulo for my senior year in high school, Seattle for 2 years in the Navy, Montreal for 4 years in college, Houston for 2 yers after college, New York City after that, Bangkok after that. Now I'm out sweating in the jungle.

Issarat isn't Jewish... he's just a jet-setting libertine on a budget.