Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Daily Report: Practice

I was up at 6 a.m. as per usual. (Heh: It's weird, 6 a.m. being "usual"... I have never ever been a morning person before; only over the last 4 or 5 years since moving to Asia.) Had my standard breakfast of 1 strip of bacon and 1 scrambled egg delivered to my desk by Dimple and Doreen.

At mid-morning, Epril's family all went home, leaving once again just myself, Epril, and Susan. I had a good morning of work. Epril and Susan did some shopping at SM. It looks like the next Great Hunt For Something will be for martini olives, since they could not be found at SM Supermarket.

For lunch, Susan cooked spaghetti. I asked for ground beef and onions in the spaghetti sauce, which Susan obligingly did, but she still couldn't resist throwing in sliced hot dogs as well. We watched another episode of "24" while we ate.


Epril in bed. All I could see was her
foot tapping in time to the music video
on TV. All I could hear was her
singing... very much out of tune.
In the afternoon, I got more work done while Epril napped and Susan ironed and mended my trousers. (When I was young, I spent every spare penny I had on fashionable clothes. Now, I haven't bought new clothes in over 3 years (other than a suit last summer), and my wardrobe is literally in tatters. Well... I do work from home, and have no formal social functions to attend, so it's not surprising.)


A mountainside village on the far
side of the valley.
In the evening, Epril and I went out to Quinze Amigos for bar-be-que, and chatted with Mike for a while. He's been a little stressed out recently: His wife gave birth to his first son a couple of months ago, and it made him stop and think about life. I'm equally looking forward to and dreading that kind of self-analysis when I have children of my own.

After bar-be-que, I went with Epril to Racks and I put in an hour of billiard practice while Epril watched TV at the bar. I'm not sure which is going to take longer to get in shape: My game or my back. Well, either one is 4 or 5 months away from being back to acceptable condition.

We were home by 9:00, and in bed shortly after. Epril has to wake up early tomorrow, as she and Susan have a funeral to attend in Jasaan.

No comments: