Thursday, April 17, 2008

Daily Report: BBQ and Billiards

I'm so much slower at work now, it's just killing me. It took me 4 hours this morning to do what used to take me a little under 3 hours to do. I put in 6½ hours of typing today only to get where I would have been after 4½ hours of typing before. I'm not personally familiar with the concept of "working more for less" and it is bugging me.

Susan served leftovers again today for lunch.

In the evening, Epril and I went to Kinse Amigos, which is really the only place I am aware of in Cagayan that is a full-time expatriate hangout. (Shit... remind me to get a picture of the place sometime.) On the way, we got to see the rubble of "Over The Top", which used to be a once-per-week Wednesday morning expatriate hangout that was recently bull-dozed (and burned thereafter, by the look of it). That Wednesday morning get-together has been moved to the barge restaurant on the river by the way.


A jeepney makes its way into
Cagayan with a full load.
Epril and I had some of the nightly BBQ chicken and pork on offer at K.A., and I enjoyed a beer while Epril surfed the internet on their free WiFi connection on her telephone.

After visiting K.A., Epril and I went to Racks where I shot some pool. I really wish they would stop playing rap music there at high volume. Pool halls in New York used to be like libraries sometimes; peaceful places... and even when they turned on the music, it wasn't cranked up.

I see the Philippine Piso is creeping back up a little bit against the dollar. Not much so far, but it's been inching up 5 centavos at a time for the last couple of weeks... which almost constitutes a trend.

Oh: Note to my old neighbor in Pattaya, Mike C.: Drop me a line sometime. I seem to have lost your e-mail address.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jil,

jd checking in, if you remember me. Happy wan lai--I'm bunkered in for the day (we may venture out to get wet, but we're not sure yet). I've been following your new blog, just haven't had any comments, so I thought I'd say it's nice to see you settling in and that things are going well.

I liked that rainbow shot you took a few posts back, so played around with it in photoshop. Not necessarily better, but definitely different:

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cagayanrainbow1ha8.jpg

Hope things keep going well for you.

jd

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hi JD, thanks for checking in.

I like what you did with the photo, and with your permission, I'm redirecting people who want to click on the larger version of the photo to your copy instead of mine.

My graphics computer died about 3 or 4 months ago, and I haven't been touching up my photos since then... thus the lower quality of photos on the blog lately.

Thanks for doing that bit of work for me.

Unknown said...

No problem, link away.

Hey, you should think about getting a usenet connection. There's tons of downloadable stuff (movies, TV, Software, Music, etc.) that you'd like.

A nice starter site for usenet is easynews.com, costs 10 bucks a month for 20 gigs.