Monday, October 12, 2009

Daily Report: At Least Epril Had Fun

I'm going to give up trying to figure out when the rainy season is here. We haven't gone more than a day without a rain shower. Fortunately, rainy weather here isn't like back in New York, where rainy weather was measured in days of rain, not hours or minutes.

On the work front, I (and 5 other people) had lost my psychiatric hospital account to the Indian team. However, the team of 20 there couldn't keep up with what 6 of us were able to do easily every day. My company doesn't mind that Indian workers are so much slower, of course: Their workers are paid based on production, not time. It does make me wonder though how long Indians who speak and understand English well enough to grasp high-level medical terminology will last at whatever crappy amount they are getting paid (around a quarter of what I am paid, plus one third production... thus one twelfth) before going on to something else.

I made a bit of a mistake today: My work computer is still running Internet Explorer 6.0, and every time I tried to upgrade it, the restrictions on my computer stopped me. I finally found a way around those restrictions and upgraded to IE 8.0. I wouldn't have believed it, but there was a reason why we can't upgrade: My company's punch-in / punch-out time clock website won't work with IE 8.0. Fortunately, 8.0 will revert back to 6.0 when it is uninstalled without question or problem.

With all of the clouds moving through, there was a very nice sunset today. Here is what I saw from my office.
I complained about the color of the rice paddy yesterday, and today the sunset colors aren't right: In all the places that weren't red or organge, the sky was a fantastic aubergine. However, that color shows up properly on my camera's view screen, but seems to be lost when viewed on Epril's laptop or my work computer. Does anybody see a vibrant purple sky on their computer screens? I suppose I could go out and buy a copy of Photoshop and color correct the photos back to the way they are supposed to look, but checking to make sure it isn't a local hardware problem first makes sense.

Epril invited her friends over tonight and they all hung out on the rooftop, drank Cagayan Cocktail, and had a blast. (I stayed downstairs and watched Star Trek.) Below is Emmy, Yeng, Donna, and Ardelyn. Epril wants me to find husbands for them. Any takers?

12 comments:

Mike said...

Hi Jil Was just noticeing the the orb in the picture with the girls. But i researched a little bit on it and it says its more likely to be more real if its caught with a 35 mm camera rather than a digital. i think its more likely a reflection from the girls earring though.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Actually Mike, what that is is a dust particle being hit by the flash. It happens on the new small digital cameras because the flash is so close to the camera lens. On older cameras, where the flash was 2 inches or more away from the lens, it does not happen as often. However, on my camera, the flash is about 0.75 inches away.

I have some photos from Thailand at a temple at night, with people walking around on the dirt compound, and the photo was filled with orbs. I convinced everyone that they were the spirits of everyone who had been cremated at the temple (thus messing with their Buddhist sense of reincarnation) before explaining the truth.

Unknown said...

I would take any of them but my girl friend would kick my ass. That is one of the problems I have here, to many pretty girls.

Anonymous said...

I'd take Emmy or Ardelyn but I expect they have a mean temper! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sunset picture is mostly red, seems a bit washed out too. There is some purple, but far from vibrant.
Your camera doesn't have manual adjustments? Not sure what adjustments do what, but my camera has many functions that are past my skill level. BTW, sorry can't offer up any warm bodies for your wife's friends. I wish them luck though.

charish said...

Jil,
They are beautiful girls. Why does Epril want them to get married. I know that you are both happy but the girls need to know that there is more to life than being married. How are things going with Epril is she interested in school at all. I guess with me being in the states and not know what is offered there I thought I would ask you.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

How can I get in touch with Ardelyn (is she the one in the orange, green, and white blouse in the foreground?)

Jil Wrinkle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

jil if i were to drive a brand new merc around jassan could i have my pic of girls

Jil Wrinkle said...

No, Anon, you couldn't have your pick of girls: Epril is already taken.

Anonymous said...

hey jil it's don b from st. louis. where were all of epril's great looking friends when i was in town! hope you guys are doing great. someday i might come back and visit. had a blast hanging out with you guys.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Come back and visit any time Don. There are dozens of girls here looking for nice men.